The "Washington Post" said, "It's the greater grater we've ever tried."
Originally, the Microplane was not intended to be used in the kitchen. One day out of sheer frustration, a homemaker in Canada needed orange zest for a cake and borrowed her husband’s new woodworking tool. When she slid her orange across the Microplane, she was amazed. Lacey shards of zest fell from its surface like fluffy snowflakes.
Much like a carpenter's rasp, the Microplane Zester features hundreds of tiny stainless razors that are incredibly sharp. This results in finely shaved ingredients that maximize flavor while minimizing calories because you can use less. Perfect for zesting and grating citrus zest, hard cheese, nutmeg, ginger and garlic.
- Razor-sharp surgical grade stainless steel blade
- Large grating area is also overall length and width: 12" x 1 5/16"
- Non-clogging teeth
- Dishwasher safe
- Maximum flavor, minimum effort
- Zests lemons and limes in seconds
- Grates Parmesan cheese light and fluffy
- Grates nutmeg for the freshest flavor
- Purées garlic and ginger instantly