|Pantry > Foods, Flavorings & Ingredients > Stonewall Kitchen > Stonewall Kitchens Selected Recipes > Wild Blueberry and Peach Pie|
Recipe courtesy of Stonewall Kitchens.
Wild Blueberry and Peach Pie
Recipe uses Stonewall Kitchens Wild Maine Blueberry Jam.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons creme de cassis
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 + 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1(13 oz)jar Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
- 1 + 1/2 cups peeled and diced peaches
- Pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 425°degrees F.
- Stir cornstarch into creme de cassis and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine 1 cup of the blueberries with Wild Maine Blueberry Jam in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium–high heat. Cook until preserves are melted and berries start to pop. Stir in the remaining 1+1/2 cups of berries and peaches. Pour in lemon juice mixture and continue cooking for 2 minutes longer. Fruit mixture will be quite thick. Set aside to cool, about 8 minutes.
- Line a 9–inch pie plate with pastry, leaving overhanging edge untrimmed. Brush with egg white.
- Pour cooled fruit mixture into pie shell.
- Roll out remaining dough into a circle and cut into 1/2 inch strips. Arrange them over pie in a lattice pattern and trim. Bring edge of bottom crust over rim and crimp edges.
- Bake pie on a cookie sheet in the middle of oven until crust is light brown, about 8 minutes.
- Adjust heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking until crust is golden brown and juices begin to bubble, 25 to 30 minutes. If crust becomes too brown before end of cooking time, cover with foil.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla or peach ice cream, if desired.
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Shop Our Catalog|