Recipe: Baked Brie with Apples and Brown Sugar
Recipe courtesy of Cuisinart.
Recipe uses any Cuisinart Food Processor.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (see note)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, cut in half vertically
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Brie cheese round (8 ounces), sliced in half horizontally
- Thaw puff pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine egg and water in a small bowl; reserve.
- In a Cuisinart® food processor fitted with the 4mm slicing disc slice apple halves using light pressure.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart Saucier over medium heat. Add apple slices and brown sugar; sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Unfold pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 14-inch square. Cut off the corners to make a circle.
- Place one half of Brie, cut side up, in center of pastry sheet. Top with half of apple mixture. Place remaining Brie, cut side down, on top of apples. Top with remaining apple mixture.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture and fold two opposite sides over cheese. Trim remaining two sides to 2-inches from edge of cheese, brush with egg mixture and fold onto the cheese. Press edges to seal. Place seam side down on baking sheet and brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Note: We recommend using Pepperidge Farm® Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets.
Makes 12 servings.