Recipe: Ooohey Goohey Caramel Brownies
Winner of the October 2003 Kaiser Bakeware Recipe Contest, courtesy of Kaiser.
Submitted by E. Sweet of Dallas, TX.
Recipe uses Kaiser 9x13 La Forme Rectangular Springform Pan.
- 2 14 oz of packages caramels
- 1 1/3 cup of evaporated milk
- 2 pkg of German chocolate ckae mix
- 2 cups of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place caramels and 2/3 evaporated milk in bowl and place in microwave to heat until caramels are melted. Stir well.
- Combine cake mixes with remaining evaporated milk andbutter in mixing bowl and beat until just moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Spray 9"x13" Kaiser baking pan with nonstick spray and pour half of cake mix into pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree for 8 minutes, remove from oven.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top and spread caramel mixture over the top. Cover with remaining cake mixture and return to oven to bake for 17 more minutes.
- Let stand until cool, place in refrigerator to cool completely. Slice into squares and serve.