Chocolate Coeur a la Crème with Strawberry Sauce Recipe
Perfect for Valentine’s Day
Chocolate Coeur a la Crème with Strawberry SauceIngredients:
- ½ cup heavy dream, divided
- 3 tbsp. Droste Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 oz. frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 tbsp. cherry brandy
- Line 2 large Coeur a la crème molds or 6 individual ones with double thickness of dampened cheesecloth, extending far enough beyond edges to enclose filling completely.
- Combine ¼ cup whipping cream, cocoa and butter in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Add cocoa mixture, blending well. Add remaining ¼ cup whipping cream; beat until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared molds. Fold cheesecloth over top. Place a wire rack in a tray or deep plate; place molds on rack.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. To serve, pull back cheesecloth and invert each mold onto a chilled dessert plate; carefully remove cheesecloth. Serve with Strawberry sauce (raspberry or another other sauce you desire can be substituted).
- To prepare sauce: Puree thawed strawberries in food processor or blender. Strain puree through fine sieve into small bowl. Stir in 1 tbsp. kirsch (cherry brandy), if desired. Makes about 1 cup of sauce.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, molded chocolate roses, chocolate dipped strawberry, mint, a fancy cookie or two – the possibilities are endless.