Recipe: Chocolate Mint Ice Cream
Recipe courtesy of Cuisinart.
Recipe uses Cuisinart Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt Maker.
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate mint candies, such as Andes® (about 15 mints)
- Combine heavy cream, whole milk, chocolate syrup, sugar and vanilla (not mint candies) in a medium mixing bowl and combine until well blended.
- Pour into freezer bowl of a Cuisinart® Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker. Turn the machine ON and let mix until mixture thickens, about 20 - 25 minutes. Add crushed chocolate mint candies to ice cream during last 5 - 10 minutes of mixing. Turn the machine OFF.
- Transfer to an air tight container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours.
Makes 10 1/2-cup servings