Recipe: Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake by Chicago Metallic
To be used with Chicago Metallic Molten'n More Pan
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter (6 oz.)
- 6 oz. Chocolate (high quality, cut into small pieces, not chips)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch (sifted)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
To serve warm, so the center is “gooey”, place cakes in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Put chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt until smooth in either the microwave or double boiler on stove. Make sure you stir the mixture frequently, so there are no chunks. Once melted, put aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt and mix together. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add cornstarch and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly pour the chocolate/butter mixture into the egg mixture, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cover the batter and let sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours (or overnight).
- Scoop mixture evenly into six cups.
- Put in oven and turn after 15 minutes to allow even baking.
- Let the cakes bake for another 10-15 minutes. They will be done when the outside has risen slightly above the sides of the pan and the center is puffed up (but still soft to touch).
- Let cool completely. Then unmold by pushing the bottom disc upwards; remove the disc from the bottom of each cake.
- Place on a plate and garnish with chocolate curls and berries or whip cream and dust with cocoa.
To make raspberry flavor, just add 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam to the chocolate/butter mixture and melt together. Proceed with the rest of the recipe.