|Home > Kitchen Knives > Shop by Brand > Chroma Cutlery > Porsche Type 301 Knives > Chroma Knife Care|
Caring for your Chroma Knives
Chroma Knife Care
High performance cutlery is designed for precise and clean cutting action and requires a certain amount of maintenance and care. Here are a few tips to keep your Chroma Knives in top form:
- Do NOT use a sharpening steel on Chroma Type 301 Knives, as it will damage the blade.
- Never place the knife in the dishwasher.
- Hand wash and dry after every use.
- Sharpen your Chroma Knives regularly using the appropriate whetstone.
- Store the knife in a safe, secure location.
- Use only wooden or plastic cutting boards to avoid damaging the edge of your knives.
- Use this knife to prepare food only. Do not use it as a utility knife.
- If being used by a professional chef the knives should be sharpened daily, however if they are being used by a home chef, they should be sharpened every six months.
- Knives with a serrated blade, such as the bread and tomato knives, should only be sharpened by a certified professional.
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Shop Our Catalog|