Recipe: Grand Marnier Souffle
Recipe courtesy of Emile Henry.
Recipe uses 4 Emile Henry Ramekins.
- 25 cl / 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 85 g . 3 oz caster sugar
- 20 g / 3/4 oz cornflour
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 10 g / 1/3 oz butter
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- Gently heat the milk.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Whisk 2 egg yolks with 60 g / 2 oz caster sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the cornflour, then pour on the hot milk, stirring all the time. Cook for 1 minute over a gentle heat.
- Leave to cool, stirring from time to time.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400 °F (gas mark 6-7).
- Add the remaining egg yolks and the Grand Marnier to the cold mixture and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, and add the remaining caster sugar.
- Incorporate delicately into the cold mixture.
- Use the 10 g / 1/3 oz butter to grease the ramekins, and sprinkle a little sugar inside. Fill the ramekins 3/4 up. Cook in the middle of the oven for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately.