|Pantry > Food & Ingredients > Stonewall Kitchen > Stonewall Kitchens Selected Recipes > Holiday Trifle|
Recipe courtesy of Stonewall Kitchen
Recipe uses Stonewall Kitchen's Holiday Jam
- For the trifle:
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Holiday Jam
- 1 store bought or homemade pound cake
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla
- 8 small Amaretti cookies, crushed
- For the custard:
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Slice eigth 1/4-inch slices of pound cake. Spread the Holiday Jam over 4 slices, top with remaining slices. Cut into 1/2" cubes. Set aside
- To make the custard, whisk together 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the egg yolks. Whisk in the milk and transfer to a medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened., do not boil. REmove from heat, add vanilla and cool.
- In each martini glass layer the pound cake cubes, then a layer of custard, repeat.
- Beat whipping cream with confectioner's sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Top each trifle with whipped cream. Sprinkle with Amaretti cookie crumbs.
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Shop Our Catalog|