It's simple to make some of the richest and most flavorful coffee with a French Press.
Simple Steps to Great French Press Coffee
To use a French Press:
- Start with freshly roasted beans, coarsely ground (coarser than a "normal" auto drip grind).
- Add the grinds to the glass beaker. Use one rounded tablespoon of coffee for every 4oz cup. Remember, French Presses are measured in "tasse" cups. A 3 cup French Press makes 12 ounces, or one standard sized American mug-full. Our most popular French Press, the 8 cup Bodum French Press, makes 2-3 standard American sized mugs.
- Fill with boiling water and stir with a non-metal spoon
- Place lid on French press with the plunger in the up position
- Let the grinds steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, slowly press down the plunger and pour.
Experiment with both the amount of coffee you use and the time you steep, to find the perfect cup for you.
Be sure to check out our selection of French Press Coffee Makers
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||All Resources Gift Ideas Recipes Store Events Top Brands on Sale Buyer's Guides|