The Shun Classic line of knives combines the style and precision of traditional Japanese cutlery with the strength and innovation of modern technology. Each blade is forged from 33 layers of steel, creating a beautiful Demascus pattern and a strong and durable knife. Shun Classic knives are prized for their thin cutting edges that create exceptional sharpness that lasts. The Pakkawood handles are made from layers of white birch wood that have been dyed black and layered with resin. This material has the appearance of wood but is much more durable. The signature "D" shaped handles of this line give you greater stability and control during use.
Shun Classic Knives
Features of Shun Classic Knives include:
- Forged-Steel Blade - VG-10 "super steel" is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel on each side to produce a rust-free Damascus-look blade. Not only beautiful, the Damascus design also reduces food's ability to stick to the blade.
- Ultimate Edge - VG-10 holds an incredibly sharp edge longer for easier edge maintenance.
- "D" Shape PakkaWood Handle - provides both beauty and function. The "D" shape offers maximum comfort and control. PakkaWood provides strength, stability, and moisture resistance. It is manufactured by impregnating hardwood veneers with phenolic, thermosetting resins and fusing them into a solid, wood-grained structure for premium applications.
- Stainless-Steel Bolster - unique, offset design enhances ergonomic qualities for the highest level of safety and control.
- Stainless-Steel End Cap - adds beauty and durability.
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Shop Our Catalog|