Recipe: Mocha Toffee Ice Cream
Recipe courtesy of Cuisinart.
Recipe uses the Cuisinart Supreme Ice Cream maker and the Cuisinart 5-speed Hand Mixer.
- 1 cup whole milk, well chilled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits
- In a medium bowl, use a Cuisinart® Hand Mixer or a whisk to combine the milk, granulated sugar, espresso powder, and cocoa until dissolved, about 1 – 2 minutes on low speed.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until ready to make ice cream.
- Assemble a Cuisinart® Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream, and Sorbet Maker with frozen chiller bowl. Turn the machine ON; pour mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Add the toffee bits during the last five minutes of mixing. The ice cream will have a soft creamy texture. If desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours to “ripen.”
Makes ten 1/2-cup servings.