Recipe: Peach Melba Crunch Cake
Winner of the April 2004 Kaiser Bakeware Recipe Contest, courtesy of Kaiser.
Submitted by S. DeSantis of Bethlehem, PA.
Recipe uses a Kaiser La Forme 13x9 Springform Pan.
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all purpose or unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or other favorite nut: ie. cashew, walnut, pistachio, etc.)
- 2 cups all purpose or unbleached flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 cups peeled, stoned, sliced or large diced fresh peaches, well drained*
- 1 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1-3 oz package dry raspberry flavored gelatin*
- Ice Cream or Whipped Cream, if desired (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl combine all crunch ingredients, except nuts. Mix with a fork until crumbly. Stir in nuts, reserve.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; toss to mix.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Add milk and egg; mix well.
- Pour/spread batter into 13"x9" LaForme Rectangular Springform Pan. Scatter peaches and blueberries (if used) atop batter.
- Sprinkle dry gelatin over fruit; then scatter crunch topping over top.
- Bake in preheated oven about 40 to 45 minutes until crunch is golden and fruits are bubbly.
- Cool slightly on rack. Remove springform rim for ease in cutting. Serve warm or cool; with ice cream or whipped topping if desired.
Makes about 16 servings.
*Other favorite fruits or flavors of gelatins may be used. To really make this fit the "peach melba" I would not add blueberries; but my family loves this combination! We also enjoy it with fresh plums and peach flavored gelatin. In a pinch we have used canned fruits (but be sure they are very well drained!).