ED.WÜSTHOF DREIZACKWERK in Solingen / Germany is one of the world's leading manufacturers of quality cutlery. A company with a rich heritage, the WÜSTHOF factory was listed as early as 1814 in official documents of the Duchy of Berg. Still today the company is family owned and operated, a proud tradition spanning 7 generations.
Wusthof Product Information
Characteristics of the precision-forged WÜSTHOF knife:
- The Steel: X 50 Cr Mo 15
- Select alloy of high carbon no-stain steel
- Precision forged from a single blank of steel with bolster and full tang
- Perfectly balanced for effortless cutting without fatigue
- Full bolster/finger guard for safety and protection
- Tempered blades at 56° Rockwell
- Laser-controlled and tested cutting edge
- Ergonomic handle design developed in consultation with professional chefs
- The WÜSTHOF name, TRIDENT-Logo and city of Solingen as place-of- manufacturing proudly etched onto every blade
- The blade is precision-forged from one solid piece fo steel
- The edge is skillfully honed by hand and is incredibly sharp
- The spine of the blade is carefully ground and polished to eliminate sharp edges that could cause injuries
- The rivets permanently secure the handle to the full tang
- The finger guard provides safety and comfort while adding heft
- The bolster in the integral part of the construction of a forged knife, providing balance
- The tang is the extention from the blade and bolster into and through the length of the handle
- The heel of the handle assists in safe and controlled handling of the knife
The key to using a honing steel is holding the blade at a consistent 20 degree angle as you simulate the motion of the blade "shaving" off the surface of the honing steel itself. The "Tip Down" method works best as it lets you always see the contact point of the knife and the steel.
At some point, any quality knife will require professional sharpening performed on equipment not always available for home use. At Kitchen Kapers, we do offer an in house knife sharpening service. The cost is $4.00 per knife.
We suggest storing your WÜSTHOF knives in one of the following ways:
- Magnetic Knife Racks: These will securely hold your knives, within easy reach, without using valuable counter space.
- Wooden Knife Blocks: Each knife fits securely in its own slot. The block shields the blades and adds the warmth of wood to your kitchen decor.
- Under Cabinet and In Drawer: These blocks offer the same protection as the counter models in counter space saving designs.
- Knife Cases or Knife Rolls: Preferred by professional chefs for secure, portable storage.
- Please handle your knives carefully to prevent chipping, nicking or dulling of the edge. Although our knives are perfectly dishwasher safe, we recommend cleaning by hand using a mild detergent, a gentle rinsing in warm water and drying with a soft cloth.
For warranty information, please Click Here.
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Kapers Blog Shop Our Catalog|