- 550 g (17 3/4 oz) plain flour
- 200 g (6 1/2 oz) butter
- 150 g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 700 g (1/2 lb) apples
- Mix together in a large bowl the flour, salt and butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water in order to make a ball of pastry.
- Divide the pastry into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out the first portion, and line the bottom of your Emile Henry pie dish.
- Peel and cut the apples into thick slices.
- Put the cut apples into the dish, sprinkle with sugar and add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry and cover the apples, joining the edges with the layer of pastry underneath.
- Make a few small holes in the top with a knife, to allow the steam to escape.
- Brush the top with a little egg yolk, and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Cook at 190°C/Gas mark n° 5-6 for 30 minutes.
Copyright 2017 Kitchen Kapers Inc