|Home > Cooking > Shop by Brand > Le Creuset > Recipes from Le Creuset > Le Creuset Recipe: Chocolate and Almond Cake|
CHOCOLATE & ALMOND CAKE
Le Creuset Recipe: Chocolate and Almond Cake
Cooking Time: 30-35 Min
- 4 oz. plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids if possible)
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 tab. sugar
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 1½ oz. plain flour
- 3 oz. ground almonds
Pre-heated oven 325ºF / Gas 3
- Melt the chocolate and cool slightly.
- Cream the butter, sugar and egg yolks until light and fluffy. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Fold the flour and almonds lightly into the mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold a little into the chocolate mixture to soften it, then fold in the remainder, taking care not to overmix.
- Grease and line the dish. Transfer the mixture to the dish easing it evenly into the ‘shape’.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 – 35 minutes. Test the centre of the cake with a skewer or toothpick. When it comes out clean the cake is done.
- Cool in the dish for 5 – 10 minutes before turning out.
- Either sift Confectioners sugar over the top or cover in melted chocolate or chocolate icing.
- Cut into wedges and serve with soft fruits such as raspberries, strawberries or redcurrants and cream or a crème anglaise sauce.
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Kapers Blog|