Recipe: Apple Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe courtesy of Stonewall Kitchen.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and cook the onion and apple until tender.
- Place butternut squash in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cook squash until tender. Drain.
- Combine the squash, apple and onion mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Return these ingredients to the large saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients heat through and serve in warm bowls.
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 1/2 Cup onion, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 2 1/4 Pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup light cream
- 1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste