Recipe: Mocha Pecan Popovers
Recipe courtesy of Stonewall Kitchen.
- Preheat oven and standard 12 cup muffin tin to 450°F.
- Prepare popover recipe according to package directions. Batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in pecans, coffee and chocolate.
- Remove muffin tin from oven, quickly brush the extra melted butter into each cup and around the rims.
- Fill cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 15-20 minutes until they are a rich golden brown.
- 1 package Stonewall Kitchen Popover Mix
- 2 cups water, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus additional butter to grease muffin tin
- 1 cup very finely chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, shaved finely