Poached Salmon with Watercress Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Le Creuset.
- four 6-8 oz. thick, boned amd skinned salmon fillets
- a few fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- pared zest of one lemon
- ½ cup dry white wine
- a little coase sea salt and black pepper
For the watercress sauce:
- 1 cup watercress leaves with fine stems
- a small bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbs. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemom juice
- Put the salmon into the buffet casserole with the herbs, lemon zest, wine, and the seasonings. Bring to a slow simmer, cover, and poach for 5 to 8 minutes until the fish flakes.
- While the fish is cooking, make the sauce. Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz just long enough to blend the ingredients, but not so as to break down the watercress and herbs completely.
- ift out the fish from the buffet casserole and remove and herbs or lemon zest. Serve with a little of the sauce, new potatoes, and steamed asparagus or zucchini.