Scanpan Care and Maintenance
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Before first use, remove pan from gift box and poly bag, remove all labels and tags and wash pan in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry. If required, assemble the glass cover knob following the instructions on the poly bag. Tighten the knob assembly by hand, only. Do not use tools. The small inside washer that goes underneath the glass cover needs to be flush with the glass surface. If you feel a sharp edge of that washer protruding after assembly, disassemble, turn the washer around and re-assemble the knob.
- Heat pan to working temperature. Medium heat is typically sufficient with SCANPAN Cookware for frying and sautéing. Since each stovetop has different settings, find the best heat setting for your stove by starting at a lower setting, then gradually increase the heat until water splashed on the pan surface evaporates immediately with a sizzle. High heat can be used for other applications, like boiling water, preparing stir fry pans or oven roasting etc. SCANPAN Cookware is temperature safe to 500º F.
- SCANPAN CLASSIC NEW TEK can be used without oil or seasoning, or you can add seasoning as required by the recipe.
- After use, remove food and clean SCANPAN Cookware in the dishwasher, or by hand with warm, soapy water and a brush or sponge.
- When storing SCANPAN Cookware and "nesting" (placing a smaller pot inside a larger pot) is required due to space limitations, we recommend to put a paper or cloth towel between the pots or pans to prevent scuff marks. Such scuffmarks would not interfere with the pan's performance but may look unsightly. Glass covers should ideally be stored upright in the SCANPAN Glass Storage rack, Item 999150 . This wooden rack, which is attractively designed to fit with most any kitchen décor, is custom made for SCANPAN Glass Covers.