The Shun U2 Ultimate Utility Knife is part serrated utility knife and part spatula. Perfect for sandwich making - take advantage of the wide blade for spreading your favorite condiments, while the serrated edge will slice through your sandwich with ease and without tearing. It is also a great knife for odd jobs around the kitchen.
Shun Classic Cutlery feature the look and benefits of Damascus steel. Because of the blade's Damascus-look profile, the potential for food sticking to the blade is reduced. Unlike Damascus steel, rusting is not a problem with Shun cutlery.
The VG-10 stainless steel blade is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel on each side, giving the knife its Damascus-look. An ebony-black PakkaWood handle, stainless steel bolster and end cap round off the rest of the knife.
Features of the Shun Classic Paring Knives include:
- "D" Shape PakkaWood Handle - PakkaWood offers strength, stability and moisture resistance. It is constructed by impregnating hardwood veneers with phenolic, thermosetting resins and fusing them into a solid, wood-grained structure. The “D” shape handle has been formed to provide comfort and control.
- Forged-Steel Blade - VG-10 "super steel" is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel on each side. The result is a rust-free Damascus-look blade. The Damascus design reduces food's ability to stick to the blade.
- Ultimate Edge - VG-10 holds an incredibly sharp edge longer for easier edge maintenance.
- Stainless-Steel Bolster - unique, offset design enhances ergonomic qualities for the highest level of safety and control.
- Stainless-Steel End Cap - adds beauty and durability.
Shun Knives were formerly known as Kershaw Knives.