Shun's Kanso line stems from the principles of simplicity: include all that matters and omit anything that doesn't. This design philosophy results in beautiful cutlery with an unassuming, minimalist look that is both rustic and clean. The blade is forged from Japanese AUS10A, a highly refined, high-carbon vanadium stainless steel with a unique "Heritage" finish that looks great straight from the box, but will continue to improve with age and use. It is not shiny, but that's what makes it so different, and the exceptional blade steel ensures the high level of strength and performance we have come to expect from Shun. Edges are ground and hand-sharpened to a 16° bevel per side and the flat, full tang extends past the handle, where the bottom corner of the steel is stamped through. The handle itself is made from 2 carved slats of medium dark-grained tagayasan wood, also known as "iron sword wood", that are secured through with two bright rivets. The line is light-weight, impeccably balanced and very sharp. Kanso knives are comfortable in the hand and offer precise, easy performance that will inspire pros and home chefs alike. All Shun Kanso knives are handcrafted in Seki, Japan and offered with a limited lifetime warranty.
All Shun knives include free lifetime sharpening from their US Headquarters in Tualatin, Oregon!
Features of Shun Kanso Cutlery include:
- New design with a simple, clean look that is stainless, not shiny
- Lightweight, strong and fantastically sharp
- Forged from AUS10A—high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Heritage finish hides scratches and lends a rustic look
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Full, flat tang extends all the way through the handle
- Contoured tagayasan wood handles
- Excellent balance on all profiles
- Offers comfort and precise control
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||All Resources Gift Ideas Recipes Store Events Top Brands on Sale Buyer's Guides|