Let Shun sharpen your knives:
Sharpening Your Shun Knives
Free Shun sharpening is back!
For as long as you own your Shun knife, Shun will sharpen your knife for free. Just pay shipping. If you live in the Tualatin, Oregon, area, you can bring in your knife to have it sharpened while you wait (up to 2 knives).
Shun will sharpen your knives on their Japanese hiramae similar to the large, horizontal sharpening wheel used to put the original edge on your knife in Japan.
To receive Shun and Kai sharpening and warranty service:
- Complete Shun's Warranty Form
- Make a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Include warranty form and return shipping fees via check, money order, or include credit card information on the form. Return shipping fees are as follows:
- $5 for the first knife
- $2 for each additional knife
- Canadian customers - include a flat fee of $15 for return shipping
- Other international customers - contact Shun
- Safely pack your knife/knives in a shipping box (envelopes not allowed). Shun and Kitchen Kapers are not responsible for damage to or loss of items that are not properly packed and shipped.
- Ship via a trackable service such as UPS, Fedex, or USPS with tracking.
- Send knives to:
- KAI USA LTD., Shun Cutlery
18600 SW Teton Avenue
Tualatin, OR 97062
To sharpen your Shun knives at home:
Shun knives rarely need actual sharpening. Sharpening is NOT something that should be done on a weekly or even monthly basis. Sharpening does remove some of the metal of the blade so sharpening too often may reduce the life of the blade.
A sharpening steel is great for maintaining the knife's edge.
If your Shun knife does need sharpening, this can be done in two ways. The first method of sharpening a Shun knife is by using a whetstone such as the Shun Combination Whetstone.
How to sharpen with a whetstone:
The Shun 3 Piece Whetstone Sharpening System includes both sharpening steel and whetstone.
The second way to sharpen a Shun knife yourself is by using an electric sharpener. While there are a number of sharpeners on the market, the only electric sharpener recommended for Shun knives is the Shun electric sharpener. This sharpener matches the 16-degree angle of Shun cutlery.
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Kapers Blog Holiday Catalog|