Cover clams with 2% brine (1/3 cup salt to 1 gallon tap water) and let stand for 15-20 minutes, allowing the clams to cleanse themselves of sand. Change the water and let stand. Repeat 2 or 3 times.
- 2 tablespoons crushed bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fill the clam steamer with 3 inches cold water.
- Add spices and lemon juice.
- Place clams on steamer insert, and cover tightly.
- Bring to a boil and steam for 8 to 10 minutes until clam shells open. Discard any shells that remain shut.
- Serve with clam juice and melted butter.
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Kapers Blog Shop Our Catalog|