|Gift Suggestions > Seasonal and Holiday Ideas > Thanksgiving Dinner Essentials > Tips For The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner > Turkey Brining|
Basic Brine (uses the Disposable Brining Bag):
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar or sweetener (honey, maple syrup, brown sugar)
- 8 quarts cold water, divided
- Boil 2 quarts of water, add sugar and salt, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Add rest of water and let cool before submerging meat or poultry in the brining bag.
This recipe can be multiplied if more brine is needed to cover food. Makes 2 gallons.
Instructions for use:
- Thaw turkey in the refrigerator.
- Make brine by following the Basic Brine (above) or the Maple-Glazed Orange Brined Grilled Turkey recipe included with brining bag.
- Place turkey in brining bag.
- Add cool brine inside brining bag.
- Seal brining bag tightly, making sure all excess air is removed (if bag is not sealed properly, it may leak).
- Place in the (empty) vegetable crisper or on a tray on lower shelf of the refrigerator.
- Brine for 12-24 hours, turning occasionally to make sure all parts of the turkey are submerged.
- Remove turkey from brining bag and pat dry.
- Dispose of brining bag.
- Grill or oven-roast turkey according to recipe (see insert inside box).
|Company Info Store Locations Careers In The News Homemade Fun! Newsletter||Contact Us Shipping Info Security & Privacy FAQ's Return Policy||Gift Registry Recipes & Tips Cooking Classes Store Events Special Offers Shop Our Catalog|