Alessi 6 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
The construction is entirely 18/10 stainless steel, and the pot holds up to 10 ounces of water to produce up to 6 demitasse sized cups of espresso. It also includes a reducer for making 3 cups of espresso with only 5 ounces of water.
Other notable characteristics include its upward-tapering shape with wide, fast heating base, unique non-drip spout, and the resin-coated stainless steel non-slip handle.
Features of the Alessi 6 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Coffee Maker include:
- Stove top espresso maker designed by Richard Sapper
- Innovative lever handle makes this one of the easiest "moka Pot" type brewers to use
- Made from polished 18/10 stainless steel
- Extra-wide base is stable on stovetops and heats water rapidly
- Can brew with 10 oz. water to prepare 6 demitasse cups of espresso
- Includes a "reducer" to enable half-pot brews from 5 oz. water
- Sophisticated design, exhibited at MoMA, NYC
- Dishwasher safe, but hand washing will preserve the mirror polish