Baratza Forté AP Flat Ceramic Burr Grinder
The Baratza Forté AP Flat Ceramic Burr Grinder is designated as the "all purpose" half of the top-of-the-line Forté Series, and is calibrated to offer more options on the fine side of the grind range. As with its sister model, the BG, this impressively built machine features a beautiful, yet compact, cast zinc housing, a back-lit LED touch screen interface and true commercial capabilities. The well designed, all metal Macro and Micro adjustment system makes it easy to dial in on hundreds of distinct grind sizes, including the entire espresso spectrum, and even a range of super fine sizes for Turkish method brewing. But remember, this is the all-purpose grinder, so its range also includes fantastically even grinds for auto-drip, any manual method, French press or whatever method you want to try.
The Forté AP lets you switch between weight-based and time-based dosing with a touch of the screen. There is also a manual option, similar to a "pulse" button that grinds with a touch. And unlike the BG model, the AP includes both a 6.3 oz static-dissipating grinds container, as well as a beautifully made porta-holder insert, so you can dose directly into your espresso machine's portafilter. True dosing by weight is only possible when grinding into the container, but if you want to dose by weight directly into a portafilter, Baratza has engineered a smart feature that will convert weight input into a time-based dose that is accurate to within a half gram! Once you have honed in on your favorite grind volumes, simply enter them into the three programmable short-cut buttons. Together, the superbly-built grind adjustment system and the brilliant user interface lead to exceptional consistency, reliable repeatability and ease of use.
Under the hood, the Baratza Forté series packs greater speed and power within its small 5" x 7" footprint, thanks to a more efficient DC motor and a larger, belt-driven gear ratio. The AP's 54 mm flat ceramic burrs are built by Ditter to be exceedingly durable, and produce a grind with very little variation per setting and virtually no powdery fines. That means when you grind at a particular setting, any setting, the granules will be very much the same size, distinct to the selected setting. And that's the first step to a great tasting cup, whether you're brewing at home, in the office, or working through a busy afternoon at the coffee bar. The Baratza Forté AP Flat Ceramic Burr Grinder includes a cast zinc tool that twists the burr assembly free for really easy cleaning and even a recalibration tool, should want to use it in the future. The bean hopper and lid will hold about 10 oz. and includes Baratza's highly functional "hopper stopper" bean shut-off feature. Baratza backs the Forté BG for residential and commercial use with a limited warranty for a period of 1-year, or 50 hours of cumulative motor run time, whichever comes first. Measures 5" l x 7" w x 14" h.
All Baratza burr grinders include a quick-start guide and web address for a downloadable full owner's manual.
Features of the Baratza Forté AP Flat Ceramic Burr Grinder include:
- Compact, commercial-grade grinder for the home, office or commercial setting
- Wide grind range with 10 macro settings (1-10) and 26 micro settings (a-z) per macro
- Intuitive, touch-screen LED interface
- Easily toggles between weight-based dosing and electronic timer-based dosing for precise, easily repeatable results
- Incredibly accurate dosing to within 0.2 grams or 0.1 seconds
- Very durable 54 mm flat ceramic burrs by Ditting produce a precise and consistent grind from extremely fine, all the way through to coarse
- Calibrated for more options in the fine range, ideal for espresso or even Turkish coffee methods
- Larger gear to belt ratio and more efficient DC motor increases speed and power
- Produces grind at a rate of 2g per second (finest) to 3.7 g per second (coarsest)
- Produces an exceptionally even grind with minimal fines for all brew methods
- All metal macro and micro adjustment system
- Precise fine tuning is simple and easily repeatable
- Includes porta-holder insert for time-based grinding directly into portafilter
- Unique espresso feature converts weight-based input into timer-based dosing, directly into portafilter- Accurate to within a half gram
- 6.3 oz static-dissipating grinds container for weight based or timer based grinding
- 300-400 g (10 oz) bean hopper with lid
- Hopper shut-off feature closes off the chute for no fuss hopper removal
- Every grinder is factory calibrated for accurate grind range
- Includes a custom designed burr re-calibration tool
- Burrs are easily removable with the included cast zinc tool
- 120V AC; 240W; 2.0 Amp
- Manufacturer's 1-Year Limited Warranty (or 50 hours of cumulative motor run time, whichever comes first)
- 5" l x 7" w x 14" h
WARNING for California residents
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!