Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection Chef's Knife
Forget what you know about soft-but-durable German knives and hard-but-brittle Japanese knives. Powdered Steel is here to change everything.
The Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection is one of the very few culinary lines made from advanced Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel. But considering how Chef Thomas Keller played a instrumental part in the meticulous design and finish, maybe we should've expected that.
This top of the line Cangshan is forged from an advanced alloy that only exists due to relatively recent advancements in powder metallurgy. Sweden's Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel is a next-generation steel that is extremely strong, dense and durable and can be tempered to a very hard state without making it brittle or prone to chipping. Cangshan Cutlery uses this amazing alloy to its full potential in the Thomas Keller Collection.
The TK Collection is tempered to a very hard 61° HRC, and ground to a very fine 15° dual bevel edge that resists chipping, defies edge-roll and laughs at other causes of edge deformation that make knives dull. So this Chef's Knife takes an extremely sharp edge that stays sharp much longer, plus it won't chip or crack if it flexes the wrong way or takes the inevitable drop or knock.
Chef Keller was instrumental in most aspects of the design, rigorously focusing on every detail to ensure it performs flawlessly. And his influence shows in the partial bolster design and fantastically seamless handle that lets you grip (and change grips) comfortably, however you choose. The knife is exceptionally well balanced and every seam is flush, earning it a NSF certification for use in professional kitchens. Cangshan Cutlery is a Chinese Company and all manufacturing is done in their specialized factories in Yangjiang, China. The knives are hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths, and the overall quality of build and finish is excellent. If you want a truly next-level upgrade to powdered steel, buy with confidence. The Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection Chef's Knife is backed by the manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty.
Features of the Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection Chef's Knife include:
- Beautifully designed in partnership with Michelin-starred chef Thomas Keller
- Forged from a single blank of stainless Swedish Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel
- RWL34 Powdered Steel offers high edge strength, durability, chip-resistance and high corrosion resistance
- Extremely sharp 15° dual-bevel edge
- Precisely tempered to 61° HRC for exceptional edge retentention
- Traditional German profile with very fine tip and ample heel depth
- Hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths
- Beveled partial bolster adds strength without impeding grip or the cutting edge
- Full tang with endcap is seamlessly bound to a polished polymer handle
- Ergonimically designed and angled handle for extended use with minimal stress on hand and wrist
- NSF certified for use in professional kitchens
- Packaged in attractive walnut storage box featuring Chef Keller's signature
- Winner of 2019 Red Dot Design Award
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty
- Made by Cangshan Cutlery in Yangjiang, China
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!