Global Knives 6 Piece Knife Block Set
The Global 6 Piece Knife Block Set includes:
- 7" Asian chef's knife (G-4)
- 8 1/4" Carving knife (G-3)
- 8 3/4" Bread knife (G-9)
- 5" Utility knife (GS-3)
- 4" Paring knife (GS-7)
- 11 Slot steel knife block
Just as their fine swords lent distinction to the Samurai, Global knives bring distinction to the chef, whether professional or amateur. From fairly modest beginnings, the Global knife range has now developed to comprise more than 50 different options, providing a specialist knife for every function imaginable in food preparation.
Features of Global knives include:
- Global knives are made from Molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel
- The steel is ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-58 degrees, which helps the knife to hold a razor sharp edge longer than any other steel knife and resists rust, stains and corrosion
- Each knife is carefully weighted to ensure perfect balance in the hand.
- The smooth contours and seamless construction eliminate food and dirt traps, offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene.
Sharpening Facts: Global knives come out of the factory with a very sharp edge and the special blade ensures that this sharpness will be maintained longer than in the case of many other knives. However, they should be periodically sharpened using either a sharpening steel (ceramic sharpening rod or diamond steel is recommended) or whetstone to keep them in perfect condition.
*Image of knives with block not to scale.