Shun Classic 7 Piece Essential Knife Set with Sharpener
The Shun Classic 7 Piece Essential Knife Set with Sharpener is a limited run set that features a stylish, slim-line, dark-stain storage block. Complete, yet minimal, and it's everything a cook needs. The collection includes the Shun Classic 3.5" paring knife, 6" utility knife, 8" chef's knife, 9" honing steel, Shun's outstanding herb shears and a bonus diamond and ceramic wheel manual sharpener. The upright, branded wood block stands at a compact 12" l x 3.5" w x 10" h; there's even 3 extra slots that you can grow into, and it's one of the cleanest designs we've seen in years. Buy soon, they will not last.
The Classic Line fuses the uncompromising performance of premium VG-10 carbon steel with the resiliance and practical ease of high-carbon stainless steel. The result, simply put, is a masterpiece. These Damascus-type blades hold an extremely sharp, professional edge. The Classic Series features ebony PakkaWood handles in the traditional Japanese "D-shape" to ensure all-day comfort. Hand washing is recommended to preserve the fine edge and long-term preservation of the handle. And like all Shun Classic blades, the 7 Piece Essential Knife Set includes free lifetime sharpening and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Features of the Shun Classic 7 Piece Essential Knife Set with Sharpener include:
- The perfect core set of premium Shun Knives in a limited Edition SlimLine storage block
- Set includes 8" Chef's Knife, the 3.5" Paring Knife, 6" Utility Knife, 9" Combination Honing Steel, Precision Herb Shears and Slimline, dark stain wood block
- Bonus Shun 2-stage ceramic and diamond abrasives manual sharpener, designed for Shun Classic edges
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is extremely hard, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a long-lasting edge
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- 34 layers of supporting stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total) adds resilliance and easy stain resistance
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang and stainless steel end cap for light weight and perfect balance
- NSF Certified for professional use
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Manufacturer's free resharpening service (owner must pay shipping)
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty