Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 3.5" Paring Knife
The Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection is one of the very few culinary lines that are made from advanced Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel. But considering how Chef Thomas Keller played a instrumental part in the meticulous design and finish, maybe we should've expected that.
If you've not heard of "powdered steel" yet, that's okay, it's relatively new. But just imagine this: A blade that is as hard as Japanese VG-10 carbon steel AND as durable as the best German high-carbon stainless steel. Make it stainless, comfortable in use and relentlessly sharp, with a high-strength, chip-resistant edge that more than doubles the time in between sharpening, compared to German high-carbon stainless. Then for good measure, make it easy to maintain, easy to sharpen, and exceptionally beautiful. That's Damasteel RWL34 Powdered Steel, and that's the Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection
The TK Series3.5" Paring Knife is a pro grade essential with a razor-sharp 61° HRC blade, an extremely fine tip and wedge-like profile. The perfectly angled handle and partial bolster make a seamless transition that's ideal for in-hand shaping and peeling, as well as conventional slicing, dicing and trimming on a cutting board. It is phenominally precise and effortless in use.
Chef Keller was instrumental in most aspects of the design, rigorously focusing on every detail to ensure it performs flawlessly. And his influence shows in the partial bolster design and fantastically seamless handle that lets you grip (and change grips) comfortably, however you choose. The knife is exceptionally well balanced and every seam is flush, earning it a NSF certification for use in professional kitchens. Cangshan Cutlery is a Chinese Company and all manufacturing is done in their specialized factories in Yangjiang, China. The knives are hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths, and the overall quality of build and finish is excellent. If you want a truly next-level upgrade to powdered steel, buy with confidence. The Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection Paring Knife is backed by the manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty.
Features of the Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 3.5" Paring Knife include:
- Beautifully designed in partnership with Michelin-starred chef Thomas Keller
- Forged from a single blank of stainless Swedish Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel
- RWL34 Powdered Steel offers high edge strength, durability, chip-resistance and high corrosion resistance
- Extremely sharp 15° dual-bevel edge
- Tempered to 61°+ HRC for exceptional edge retentention
- Wedge-shaped, thin ground blade with very fine tip
- Excels at trimming, peeling, in-hand shaping, brunoise, slicing and much more
- Hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths
- Beveled partial bolster adds strength without impeding grip or the cutting edge
- Full tang with endcap is seamlessly bound to a polished polymer handle
- Ergonimically designed and angled handle for extended use with minimal stress on hand and wrist
- NSF certified for use in professional kitchens
- Packaged in attractive walnut storage box featuring Chef Keller's signature
- Winner of 2019 Red Dot Design Award
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty
- Made by Cangshan Cutlery in Yangjiang, China
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!