Opinel Intempora Chef's Knife
If you're shopping for new knives, your timing is perfect...
The Opinel Intempora Chef's Knife is from the classic French knifemaker's newest culinary line, and we're thrilled to bring them to you. The Intempora series is a very high quality stamped line, made in France, and manufactured with full tangs from Opinel's signature blade material: modified 12C27 Sandvik stainless steel. It has a higher carbon content than other no-stain blades, and while it still offers easy, stainless properties, the cutting performance is a bit more like a carbon steel edge. And that's a very good thing.
The bolsterless Chef's knives have a very clean look, complimented by a classic French profile and Opinel's traditional handle shape. The heel depth and edge curvature is perfect on both sizes, and both perform with excellent stability, maneuverability and balance. The handle material is super-durable, heat-resistant POM polymer (the same type used by the big German producers). Handles are perfectly finished and feel fantastic in hand. Each blade is precision stamped with the Opinel name and "crowned Hand" trademark. The Opinel Intempora Chef's Knife is the perfect primary knife, built for a lifetime of fine cooking.
Features of the Opinel Intempora Chef's Knife include:
- Highly versatile, classic French Chef's knife- ideal for most food preparation
- Beautifully clean, bolsterless design leaves entire length of blade free for use
- Robust blade extends into a full tang for superior strength and balance
- Constructed from modified 12C27 Sandvik- a higher carbon content stainless steel
- Excellent cutting performance with easy, no-stain properties
- Well-sized POM polymer handle is exceedingly durable and heat resistant
- Traditional Opinel handle has a polished surface that feels very comfortable in hand
- Selected by the Ecole de Cuisine Alain Ducasse for student use
- Made in Portugal