Shun Kanso 6.5" Hollow Ground Nakiri Knife
The Shun Kanso 6.5" Hollow Ground Nakiri is a very traditional Japanese vegetable knife. And it's precisely the type of knife that wears the Kanso line's Zen aesthetic best. The simple, elemental design just seems even more right with squared-off profiles, and the "Heritage" finish has been wearing and showing beautifully on the similarly-shaped Kanso Hollow Ground Santoku that we have been using since its introduction last year. The 6.5" straight-edge blade is a nimble and easy-to-manage size that is a pleasure to use for controlled push cuts and chopping, and the hollow-ground (Granton) edge makes prep easier by reducing food adhesion.
If you enjoy a vegetarian or veg-heavy diet, the Kanso Nakiri is a great choice that will reward you with precise, enjoyable performance. And like all Shun knives, the Kanso 6.5" Hollow Ground Nakiri includes free lifetime sharpening and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
Features of Shun Kanso 6.5" Hollow Ground Nakiri Knife include:
- Traditional straight-edge vegetable knife with rustic design
- Ideal for precise push-cuts and chopping
- Granton edge helps less food stick to the blade
- Forged from AUS10A high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Heritage finish hides scratches and lends a rustic look
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- Lightweight, strong and very sharp
- Full, flat tang extends all the way through the handle
- Contoured tagayasan wood handles
- Offers comfort and precise control
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty