Staub Cast Iron 5 Quart Tall Cocotte
The Staub 5 quart Tall Cocotte is a taller version of the classic 4-quart cocotte, making it the ideal tool for cooking larger quantities, without taking up valuable stovetop space. The additional height is especially useful in cooking bone-in meat cuts like crown roasts as well as layered dishes like tians, or dishes that rise, such as a soufflé. Plus, the added height reduces the risk of liquids boiling over and reduces splatter when deep-frying or searing.
The Tall Cocotte is ideal for slow cooking meats and vegetables to juicy, tender perfection. Use it for pot roasts and other braises, stews, soups and flavorful sauces. The round cocotte includes a weighty, fitted, flat lid that is designed to retain more moisture. "Self-basting" spikes molded on the underside continuously rain condensation over foods for juicy, tender results. The cocotte is durably glazed inside and out with multiple coats of enamel. Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including induction.
Staub cookware boasts a quality that is second to none for durability, heat retention and even cooking. Staub cookware is PFOA and PTFE free, dishwasher safe and backed by a manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty. Measures 11.89" l x 9.45" w x 7.24" h: Weighs 11.46 lbs.
Features of the Staub 5 Quart Tall Cocotte include:
- Enameled cast iron construction
- 9.45" diameter and 5 quart capacity
- Two cast loop handles
- Fitted flat lid with self-basting spikes to help ensure juicy, moist foods
- Brass or nickel knob
- 2 to 3 coatings of enamel, inside and out
- Made in France
- Oven safe up to 500°F
- Ideal for any cook top, including induction
- Cadmium Free / Lead Free / PFOA Free / PTFE Free
- Dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
- 11.9" l x 9.45" w x 7.24" h