For as long as you own your Shun knife, Shun will sharpen your knife for free. Just pack your knives well and pay shipping to the address below. And if you happen to live in the Tualatin, Oregon area, you can even bring your knife in person to have it sharpened while you wait (up to 2 knives)!
Shun will sharpen your knives on their Japanese hiramae similar to the large, horizontal sharpening wheel used to put the original edge on your knife in Japan.
To receive Shun and Kai sharpening and warranty service:
- Complete Shun's Warranty Form
- Make a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Include warranty form and return shipping fees via check, money order, or include credit card information on the form. Return shipping fees are as follows:
- $5 for the first knife
- $2 for each additional knife
- Canadian customers - include a flat fee of $15 for return shipping
- Other international customers - contact Shun
- Safely pack your knife/knives in a shipping box (envelopes not allowed). Shun and Kitchen Kapers are not responsible for damage to or loss of items that are not properly packed and shipped.
- Ship via a trackable service such as UPS, Fedex, or USPS with tracking.
- Send knives to:
- KAI USA LTD., Shun Cutlery
- Warranty Department
- 18600 SW Teton Avenue
- Tualatin, OR 97062