Alessi 6 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
The Alessi Espresso Coffee Maker is a very high quality stovetop espresso brewer with a sophisticated design by industrial designer Richard Sapper. And it's made with a twist on the traditional "moka pot" design. Or, should we say without a twist? That's because this unique pot doesn't unscrew. Instead, the big, prominent handle doubles as a locking lever that lifts up to release the bottom boiler and coffee filter basket. That makes the 9090 Espresso Coffee Maker considerably easier to use than any other stovetop espresso brewer.
The construction is entirely 18/10 stainless steel, and the pot holds up to 10 ounces of water to produce up to 6 demitasse sized cups of espresso. It also includes a reducer for making 3 cups of espresso with only 5 ounces of water.
Other notable characteristics include its upward-tapering shape with wide, fast heating base, unique non-drip spout, and the resin-coated stainless steel non-slip handle.
Features of the Alessi 6 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Coffee Maker include:
- Stove top espresso maker designed by Richard Sapper
- Innovative lever handle makes this one of the easiest "moka Pot" type brewers to use
- Made from polished 18/10 stainless steel
- Extra-wide base is stable on stovetops and heats water rapidly
- Can brew with 10 oz. water to prepare 6 demitasse cups of espresso
- Includes a "reducer" to enable half-pot brews from 5 oz. water
- Sophisticated design, exhibited at MoMA, NYC
- Dishwasher safe, but hand washing will preserve the mirror polish