Baratza Forté BG Flat Steel Burr Grinder
The Forté series is the pinnacle of Baratza's impressive line-up, and the BG (Brew Grinder) Flat Steel Burr Grinder model certainly does not disappoint! This commercial grade machine, though compact with just a 5" x 7" footprint, has a substantial and very durable feel thanks to the sleek, brushed, cast zinc body. And inside the gorgeous exterior, it's designed with a larger gear-to-belt ratio and fitted with a more efficient DC motor to power the Ditter built, 54 mm flat steel burr assembly. It also features an all metal grind adjustment system, with a 10-step Macro arm and 26-step Micro arm for an awesome range of grind sizes from 230-1150 microns. The "Brew Grinder" designation within the Forté Series indicates that this model is slighter more oriented to the coarse side of the grind spectrum, and is capable of producing a deliciously gravel-like press-pot grind, the BG has plenty of range to provide the espresso drinker with lots of grind choices. Oh, And did we mention that you can easily toggle between weight-based and timer-based dosing? Well, you can...and it's simple.
The most notable thing about the Forte series may be the incredible ease of use provided by the LED touch-screen interface. Want to dose by weight? Tap the on-screen "weight" button, enter the amount, hit start. Want to replicate the timed espresso grind you made yesterday? No problem. Set the macro and micro, tap the on-screen "time" button and enter the time. And when you hone in on the perfect dose for a shot of ristretto or an 8-cup pot of French press (or any other brew that suits you), you can set it by time or weight to one of the three programmable on-screen buttons. The BG grinds with extreme precision and doses to within 0.2 grams or 0.1 seconds so consistent replication is easy for enthusiasts at home, an office full of professionals, or for baristas in a commercial setting.
The Forté BG grinder has a 300-400g covered bean hopper with an interior zinc assembly that ensures beans feed steadily to the burrs. There is also a clever bean shut-off lever at the hopper base that stops bean flow so it can be removed easily, even when full. The BG will not dose directly into a portafilter, instead it grinds directly into the included 6.3 oz static-dissipating container, for easy transfer into any brewing apparatus. Baratza also includes a cast zinc tool that twists the burr assembly free for cleaning and even a re-calibration tool, just in case you should want to use it in the future. Baratza backs the Forté BG for residential and commercial use with a limited warranty for a period of 1-year, or 50 hours of cumulative motor run time, whichever comes first. Measures 5" l x 7" w x 14" h.
All Baratza burr grinders include a quick-start guide and web address for a downloadable full owner's manual.
Features of the Baratza Forté BG Flat Steel Burr Grinder include:
- Compact, weight-based, commercial-grade grinder for the home or commercial setting
- Wide grind range with 10 macro settings and 26 micro settings per macro
- Intuitive touch screen LED interface
- Easily toggles between weight-based dosing and electronic timer-based dosing for precise, easily repeatable results
- Incredibly accurate dosing to within 0.2 grams or 0.1 seconds
- 54 mm flat steel burrs by Ditting produce an accurate and consistent grind for a variety of manual and small batch brews
- Larger gear to belt ratio and more efficient DC motor increases speed and power
- Produces grind at a rate of 1.2g per second (Espresso) to 2.4 g per second (Coarse)
- Produces an exceptional grind with minimal fines for all brew methods
- All metal macro and micro adjustment system allow you to dial in grind sizes from 230 microns to 1150 microns
- Precise fine tuning is simple and easily repeatable
- 300 g (10 oz) bean hopper with lid
- Hopper shut-off feature permits no fuss hopper removal
- 6.3 oz static-dissipating grinds container
- Every grinder is factory calibrated for accurate grind range
- Includes a custom designed burr re-calibration tool
- Burrs are easily removable with the included cast zinc tool
- 120V AC; 240W; 2.0 Amp
- Manufacturer's 1-Year Limited Warranty (or 50 hours of cumulative motor run time, whichever comes first)
- 5" l x 7" w x 14" h
WARNING for California residents