Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 7" Santoku
The Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection is remarkable for 2 reasons. First, the knives were meticulously designed with input from world-renowned Chef Thomas Keller to perfect the size, angles, bolster and handle. (And that's saying a lot). The second reason is equally compelling: Cangshan's Thomas Keller Collection is one of the very few culinary lines that are forged from Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel.
The Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 7" Santoku is a groundbreaking entry in the culinary knife market because its advanced blade steel offers exceptional hardness and edge retention, without sacrificing durability and chip-resistance. The TK Collection is tempered to a very hard 61° HRC, and features an extremely sharp 15° dual bevel edge that still resists chipping, edge-roll and the other edge deformations that make knives dull. The 7" Santoku has a subtle belly and hollow ground edge that promises extra clean slices with less drag and sticking. The partial bolster design and fantastically seamless handle design lets you grip comfortably however you choose. The knife is exceptionally well balanced and every seam is flush, earning it a NSF certification for use in professional kitchens. Chef Keller was instrumental in the design of this Santoku Knife, rigorously focusing on every detail to ensure it performs flawlessly. And it really shows.
Cangshan Cutlery is a Chinese Company and all manufacturing is done in their specialized factories in Yangjiang, China. The knives are hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths, and the overall quality of build and finish is excellent. The Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 7" Santoku is backed by the manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty.
Features of the Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 7" Santoku include:
- Professional grade Santoku excels at clean, precise slicing, dicing and chopping
- Beautifully designed in partnership with Michelin-starred chef Thomas Keller
- Forged from a single blank of stainless Swedish Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel
- RWL34 Powdered Steel offers high edge strength, durability, chip-resistance and high corrosion resistance
- Precisely tempered to 61° HRC for exceptional edge retentention
- Hollow Ground blade with 15° dual-bevel edge slices cleanly with minimal resistance and surface adhesion
- Hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths
- Beveled partial bolster adds strength without impeding grip or the cutting edge
- Full tang with endcap is seamlessly bound to a polished polymer handle
- Ergonimically designed and angled handle for extended use with minimal stress on hand and wrist
- NSF certified for use in professional kitchens
- Packaged in attractive walnut storage box featuring Chef Keller's signature
- Winner of 2019 Red Dot Design Award
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty
- Made by Cangshan Cutlery in Yangjiang, China
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!