Opinel Intempora 6.75" Santoku Knife
The Opinel Intempora Santoku is from the classic French knifemaker's new flagship culinary line. The Intempora series is a very high quality stamped line, made in France, and manufactured with full tangs from Opinel's signature blade material: modified 12C27 Sandvik stainless steel. It has a higher carbon content than other no-stain blades, and while it still offers easy, stainless properties, the cutting performance is a bit more like a carbon steel edge. And that's a very good thing.
The Intempora Santoku has a classic hollow-ground, straight-edge profile that excels at slicing, precise cuts, chopping and mincing. This is a fantastic all-purpose blade that is comfortable and balanced in use. The super-durable, heat-resistant POM polymer handles (the same type used by the big German producers) are perfectly finished and feel fantastic in hand. Each blade is precision stamped with the Opinel name and "crowned Hand" trademark. The Opinel Intempora Santoku is a beautiful primary knife, made for a lifetime of fine cooking.
Features of the Opinel Intempora 6.75" Santoku include:
- Versatile, all-purpose design with hollow-ground edge
- Asian profile excels at slicing, chopping and mincing
- 6.75" Blade extends into a full tang for superior strength and balance
- Constructed from modified 12C27 Sandvik- a higher carbon content stainless steel
- Excellent cutting performance with easy, no-stain properties
- POM polymer handle is exceedingly durable and heat resistant
- Classic Opinel handle design has a polished surface that feels very comfortable in hand
- Selected by the Ecole de Cuisine Alain Ducasse for student use
- Made in Portugal