Shun Sora 3.5" Paring Knife
The Shun Sora 3.5" Paring Knife is an extremely versatile knife. The paring knife is perfect for handling all your smaller peeling, coring and trimming tasks, as well as decorating and other detail work. Typically, this knife is used in your hand, as opposed to against a cutting board, but it can also be used for chopping small food items such as ginger or cloves of garlic.
Features of Shun Sora Knives include:
- Composite Blade technology integrates a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese 420J mirror-polished stainless steel upper.
- Shun Sora's cutting edge is Japanese san mai construction; a traditional high-end knifemaking technique.
- VG10 is clad with a single layer of stainless steel on each side, ensuring a razor-sharp 16° double bevel edge.
- VG10 edges are hardened to 60-61° on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- The blade upper is mirror-polished 420j stainless steel.
- The san mai cutting edge is braze welded to 420j in a wavy pattern based on beautiful, traditional hamon blade lines.
- Lightweight, textured TPE handle ensures excellent grip, superior balance and easy maintenance.