Shun Kai Wasabi Black Yanagiba 8.25"
The highly affordable Shun Kai Wasabi Black Yanagiba 8.25" is the quintessential sushi and sashimi blade for perfectly precise slices. In fact, the whole Kai Wasabi Black series is a great example of well-made stamped blades. Kai uses Daido 1K6 high-carbon, stainless steel to make a thin blade that sharpens well and holds a great edge. The alloy easily takes a single sided 16° bevel (just like Shun's premium forged blades) for a fine and razor-sharp edge. The handle, while traditional in appearance, is actually molded from polypropylene strengthened with bamboo powder, and impregnated with an antibacterial agent for permanently hygienic properties. The 8.25" Yanagiba is a pull-cut specialist and very capable of super-clean, thin slicing of any proteins. This is the perfect choice for cooks who are new to sushi and sashimi, or who only prepare it occasionally. Made in Japan with a manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty. Hand wash only, measures 13.2" l x 1.1" w x 0.6" h.
Features of the Shun Kai Wasabi Black Yanagiba 8.25" include:
- The Yanagiba is a pull-cut slicer ideally suited to sushi preparation
- Made from Daido 1K6 high-carbon, stainless steel
- Blade is hand-sharpened to a 16° cutting angle
- Single-beveled blade designed for extremely precise cuts when preparing sushi
- Traditional styled handle is made from polypropylene with bamboo powder and impregnated with an anti-bacterial agent
- Made in Japan
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
- Hand washing is recommended
- 13.2" l x 1.1" w x 0.6" h