Shun Classic Blonde 7" Santoku
The Shun Classic Blonde 7" Santoku is a beautiful expression of this classic Japanese profile, and a delightfully precise option for most chopping, slicing and mincing prep. The Classic Blonde Series features light-colored PakkaWood handles for a striking new look. The 34-layer-per-side damascus type blade is beautiful and adds stainless properties, while the very hard VG-10 "super steel" cutting core holds an extremely sharp, professional edge. Aside from the clean look of the lighter color, the handle features a traditional Japanese "D-shape" for proven control and comfort, a steel endcap completes the look and perfects the balance. Hand washing is recommended to preserve the fine edge and long-term preservation of the handle. And like all Shun Classic blades, it includes free lifetime sharpening and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Features of the Shun Classic Blonde 7" Santoku include:
- Classic Japanese profile for precise chopping, slicing, dicing and mincing
- A versatile, alternative primary knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a long-lasting edge
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- 34 layers of supporting stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total) adds stain resistance
- D-shaped blonde PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang and stainless steel end cap for light weight and perfect balance
- NSF Certified for professional use
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Manufacturer's free resharpening service (owner must pay shipping)
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!