To use a French Press:
- Start with freshly roasted beans, coarsely ground.
- Add the grinds to the glass beaker. Use one rounded tablespoon of coffee for every 4oz cup. Remember, French Presses are measured in "tasse" cups. A 3 cup French Press makes 12 ounces, or one standard sized American mug-full. Our most popular French Press, the 8 cup Bodum French Press, makes 2-3 standard American sized mugs.
- Fill with boiling water and stir with a non-metal spoon
- Place lid on French press with the plunger in the up position
- Let the grinds steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, slowly press down the plunger and pour.
Experiment with both the amount of coffee you use and the time you steep, to find the perfect cup for you.