Le Creuset introduced two new pans in their enameled cast Iron collection. The Wide Dutch Oven is a game changer and the Sauteuse is the perfect everyday pan.
Le Creuset 6.75 Quart Wide Round Oven
The Le Creuset 6.75 Quart Wide Round Oven has a wider and squater shape than the standard dimension Dutch Oven, which has a significant effect on functionality. First off, the wider shape results in a lighter pan compared to a similar capactity standard Dutch Oven, and it's lower and easier to get in and out of the oven. But the pan also offers more surface area for browning and searing, or caramelizing quickly- which also translates to faster reduction times when you need it. Le Creuset's perfectly executed lids lock in moisture, allowing just the right amount of venting. The Wide Round Dutch Oven is still ideal for stewing, braising, frying, poaching or even roasting and baking breads; and like all Le Creuset Signature pieces, it is a highly durable pot that will last for many years of fine cooking. The 6.75 Qt. Wide Oval Oven is backed by a manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty and is dishwasher safe. Made in France.
Features of the Le Creuset 6.75 Quart Wide Round Oven include:
- More cooking surface and less weight than the traditional dimension Dutch Oven
- Ample 6.75 Qt. capacity
- Enameled cast iron exterior resists chipping and cracking
- Large loop handles
- Fitted lid with heat-safe (500° F) phenolic knob
- Exceptional heat retention with no hot spots
- Nonreactive enamel coating requires no seasoning
- Suitable for all cooktops; oven safe
- Included lids trap in heat and moisture for more thorough cooking and full-flavored meals
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Made in France
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty