Shun Classic Kiritsuke Knife
The Shun Classic Kiritsuke Knife is a traditional profile that was designed for the most versatility. The Kiritsuke was reserved for use by the Master (or executive) Chef, who had the authority to perform any task in the kitchen. Since the Master Chef would have to teach any type of cook, his knife had to be competent for any task. The Kiritsuke can perform straight chops and slices like a santoku, but it can also rock, and has a fantastically sharp and fine tip, capable of the most delicate work. Use it to speed through the bulk of most home kitchen prep, such as fresh fruit, veg and boneless proteins, but do not use it to cut frozen foods or bones. The Damascus-type blade is beautiful and adds stainless properties, while the very hard VG-10 "super steel" cutting core holds an extremely sharp, professional edge. Ebony-colored PakkaWood handles are shaped in the traditional Japanese "D-shape" for all-day comfort. Hand washing is recommended to preserve the fine edge and long-term preservation of the handle. And like all Shun Classic blades, it includes free lifetime sharpening and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Features of the Shun Classic Kiritsuke Knife include:
- Classic Asian "master chef" profile
- Very versatile
- Fully forged, premium, Damascus-style cutlery with an extremely sharp edge
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade
- VG-MAX carbon steel cutting core with 16 layers each side (33 total layers)
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- Stainless steel bolster and end cap provides strength and exceptional balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Manufacturer's free resharpening service (owner must pay shipping)
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!