Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 8" Bread Knife
The refined Thomas Keller Signature Collection 8" Bread Knife by Cangshan is a model of precision and craftsmanship. This stout, rigid design has an extremely durable points-out serrated edge that will easily slice crusty breads and tough-skinned vegetables and fruits for a lifetime of cooking.
This is one of the very few culinary lines that are made from advanced Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel, an advanced alloy that is only possible due to relatively recent advancements in powder metallurgy. It's both extremely strong and durable, and can be tempered to a very hard state without making it brittle or prone to chipping. Cangshan Cutlery uses this amazing alloy to its full potential in the Thomas Keller Collection.
Chef Keller was instrumental in the design, rigorously focusing on every detail to ensure it performs flawlessly. And his influence shows in the partial bolster design and fantastically seamless handle that lets you grip (and change grips) comfortably, however you choose. The knife is exceptionally well balanced and every seam is flush, earning it a NSF certification for use in professional kitchens. Cangshan Cutlery is a Chinese Company and all manufacturing is done in their specialized factories in Yangjiang, China.
The knives are hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths, and the overall quality of build and finish is excellent. If you want a truly next-level upgrade to powdered steel, buy with confidence. The Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 8" Bread Knife is backed by the manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty.
Features of the Cangshan Thomas Keller Collection 8" Bread Knife include:
- Beautifully designed in partnership with Michelin-starred chef Thomas Keller
- Forged from a single blank of stainless Swedish Damasteel® RWL34 powdered steel
- RWL34 Powdered Steel offers high edge strength, durability, chip-resistance and high corrosion resistance
- Extremely sharp and durable points-out serratedl edge
- Precisely tempered to 61° HRC for exceptional edge retentention
- Excels slicing all breads and other baked goods as well as tough-skinned fruits and vegetables
- Hand polished and hand sharpened by expert bladesmiths
- Beveled partial bolster adds strength without impeding grip or the cutting edge
- Full tang with endcap is seamlessly bound to a polished polymer handle
- Ergonimically designed and angled handle for extended use with minimal stress on hand and wrist
- NSF certified for use in professional kitchens
- Packaged in attractive walnut storage box featuring Chef Keller's signature
- Winner of 2019 Red Dot Design Award
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty
- Made by Cangshan Cutlery in Yangjiang, China
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!