Zwilling J.A. Henckels Kaizen II 8" Chef's Knife
The Miyabi Kaizen II series from Zwilling JA Henckels combines exceptional Japanese craftsmanship and inspired German innovation. The Kaizen II series features a special cutting core of FC61 super steel surrounded by 49 layers of stainless steel Damascus to add strength, protection and beauty. And the Miyabi Kaizen II 8" Chef's Knife performs as good as it looks. Each is hand-sharpened using the traditional four-step Honbazuke technique, to a blisteringly sharp 9.5 to 12° (because each blade is sharpened by hand, exact angle may vary slightly). The FC61 cutting core is very hard (61° Rockwell) so it holds a keen edge like VG10 carbon steel, but is tougher and more resistant to chipping. The Kaizen II also features a bigger Pakkawood handle with a slight belly that offers exceptional comfort and control. The Miyabi Kaizen II 8" Chef's Knife is an incredible value for superior craftsmanship, and next-level performance. Hand wash only. Includes manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty. Made in Seki, Japan.
Features of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Miyabi Kaizen II 8" Chef's Knife include:
- Core of advanced FC61 super steel features fine carbide distribution for a tougher edge
- Small scale production with a high level of hand craftsmanship and industry-leading technical innovation
- 49 layers of stainless steel Damascus provide added strength and protection as well as beauty
- Double FRIODUR ice-hardening process achieves a Rockwell hardness of 61° at the cutting edge
- Traditional, hand-honed, 3-step Honbazuke sharpening
- Artisan-honed 9.5-12° bevel angle per side
- Ideal for virtually any food prep, including slicing, chopping, mincing, and rocker-style cuts
- Redisigned D-shaped Pakkawood handle is larger and very comfortable
- Decorative red spacer and a mosaic pin add an elegant touch
- Hand wash only
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Seki, Japan
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!