Shun Kohen Anniversary Edition Knife Set
In celebration of Shun's incredible achievement of reaching 10 million knives sold, we present the Kohen Knife Set.
Named for the phenomenon in which gas rises like a red flame from the edge of the Sun, the Shun Kohen Anniversary Edition Knife Set includes two of Shun's most popular blade shapes: the 8" Chef's knife and the 6" Utility. Both are fully forged and hand finished in Shun's incredible Dual-Core steel, and exhibit the brand's sleek hybrid profile that marries western and Japanese design.
Each knife features a 71-layer dual-core blade, etched and polished with unique blade patterns. The Shun portion of the logo under the Kanji is laser etched in "Platinum" color. The handles feature a highly polished red and black Pakkawood traditional D-shape with stainless steel bolster and end-cap with embossed Shun logo. The Shun Kohen naming concept is a phenomenon in which gas rises like a red flame from the edge of the sun, reminding its lucky owner to keep the fires burning brightly.
The Shun Kohen 10 Million Anniversary Edition Knife Set is this year's limited release collector's set with only 6,000 being made world-wide. Each pair is numbered and the set is packaged in a luxurious aluminum case and both knives are fitted with a custom leather sheath. The Shun Kohen Anniversary Edition Knife Set is made by hand in Seki City, Japan. This very limited collectible is also a sublimely sharp, spectacularly functional knife set for the professional or serious home enthusiast. Hand wash only. Includes Shun's limited lifetime warranty.
Features of the Shun Kohen 10 Million Anniversary Edition Knife Set include:
- Very limited production with only 6,000 produced for world-wide release
- Includes 8" Chef's knife and the 6" Utility
- Each knife has a custom leather sheath
- Packaged in a luxurious, highly protective aluminum knife case with fitted inserts
- Beautiful etched "surface of the sun" swirl-patterned blades
- Uses innovative Dual-Core laminated steel
- 71 alternating micro layers of VG10 & VG2 steel
- Both steels go all the way to the edge to create micro-serrations
- Ultra-sharp 16° beveled edge
- Light, thin, and strong blades glide through each cut quickly and easily
- Exclusive red and black Pakkawood handles are highlu polished
- Mirror polished stainless endcaps and bolsters
- Hand Forged in Japan
- Each set is numbered and fully doccumented
- NSF Certified
- Hand wash only
- Manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
Free Shipping on orders of $59 or more!