Shun Sora Chef's Knife
The Shun Sora Chef's Knife is a fully-forged, high performance blade made by a proprietary composite blade technique. This construction permanently bonds an excellent quality Japanese 420J stainless steel upper with a premium VG10 super steel cutting edge supported on each side by stainless steel. The pieces join at a wavy, laser-cut seam where they are braze-welded, essentially joining them as one. The resulting "hamon line" joint is very attractive, and reminiscent of classic Japanese swords. This old "san mai" technique puts the best quality steel right where it's needed- at the edge, resulting in uncompromising performance at a much lower cost.
The Shun Sora Chef's knife is the perfect entry point into premium Japanese cutlery. Both the 6" and 8" sizes are a revelation of beauty, versatility and performance. The gyuto profile has a straighter edge than a western chef's knife, but it upturns as it approaches the tip, giving ample curvature for rocker-style chopping. The thin tip and fine edge cut with effortless precision and the super hard (60-61 Rockwell) VG10 edge will stay sharp much longer than high carbon stainless steel cutlery. Made in Japan. Hand washing is recommended. Includes Shun's 10-year limited warranty.
Features of the Shun Sora Chef's Knife include:
- Excellent value and premium Japanese performance
- Highly versatile, primary knife profile
- Hand sharpened 16° per side double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology: VG10 san mai cutting edge and Japanese 420J upper blade
- Traditional Japanese handle design in easy care, textured PP/TPE blend
- Available in 6" and 8" blade sizes
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Hand wash only
- Manufacturer's 10 year limited warranty